You are an expert juggler of tasks and priorities. You are comfortable solving tough problems and navigating sticky wickets. You are at your happiest when your day swings from retreat-planning to benefits reviews to IT policies. People really like you. Most of all, you believe that any company’s success is owed to the efficiency of its organizational processes and the happiness of its employees.
Your responsibilities will break down into four general categories:
- Improve the Organization: We are a young and fast-growing company, and quite simply, you will own the ever-evolving responsibility of making our company better. That means you’ll develop, implement, and maintain operational systems, processes, and best practices. Meanwhile, you’ll grow the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organization’s internal capacity, working with senior stakeholders to define and communicate operational priorities, projects, and recommendations. Under your watchful eye, these projects will remain on time and within a defined budget.
- Oversee Resources & Staffing: You will spearhead Human Resources functions for our small team, tracking staffing requirements, hiring new employees as needed, and ensuring that employees have the support they need to do their best work. As part of these responsibilities, you will manage timely data collection to update operations metrics to achieve productivity targets, eliminate errors, and ultimately deliver excellent service to our clients.
- Manage Accounting & Compliance: Each week, you will work closely with our bookkeeper to ensure that AP and AR activities are on track. At a higher level, you will oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing, updating internal financial dashboards and reporting back to the leadership team regularly on progress and forecasting. You will also ensure that all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Own Internal Platforms: You will maintain oversight of internal platforms such as Quickbooks, Salesforce, Asana, G Suite, and JustWorks, with the goal of leveraging the right platforms and software efficiently and effectively.
Required Skills & Experience
You’re a great fit for this job if:
- You have a strong academic record. You worked your butt off in school, you graduated with a degree you’re proud of, and you went above and beyond to pursue the things you loved. Tell us all about it.
- You have 3+ years of similar experience. Whether at an agency or elsewhere, you have done this kind of work before and you love it. You are passionate about operations management and you can comfortably serve as our internal expert.
- You are an excellent communicator. In writing and in person, you have just-plan-exceptional communication skills. You’re comfortable presenting. You understand people and they understand you, which makes you a natural leader.
- You are organized. You can oversee projects and solve problems creatively and effectively, delegating responsibilities when necessary while maintaining organizational oversight.
- You understand finances. You’re not an accountant, but you have a solid understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash-flow management. Financial models make sense to you.
- You’re a natural leader. You have a natural ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees. Hard work doesn’t scare you, and when you see something that needs to get done, you jump right in.
To apply, send an email with the job title in the subject line to email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter explaining why your skills and experience make you the perfect Operations Manager for Good & Gold.
Good & Gold Marketing Corporation follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.
This policy also applies to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, outside vendors, members and customers, service clients, use of contractors and consultants, and dealings with the general public.