Who We're Looking For...
We want a visionary with a knack for developing, synthesizing, and overseeing the execution of complex digital marketing strategies. You get excited about new possibilities, new platforms, and consistently refining and evolving approaches based on learnings and performance. You’re a team leader as comfortable digging into technical issues as you are presenting high-level strategy to clients and internal teams. You’re an excellent collaborator who can absorb and distill information while tying it all together into a clear direction and a common goal. You can easily toggle between scouring complex data sets and reviewing creative assets, with strong cross-functional expertise that makes you a natural mentor for strategists, writers, and designers alike.
What You’ll Do…
The Strategy Director will lead the development and consistent refinement of holistic, cross-channel digital marketing strategies for clients. The person in this role will be an expert problem solver and consummate digital marketing ace, leading a team of channel strategists and collaborating with the creative department to meet defined performance goals for new and ongoing clients.
Who You Are…
- Open & collaborative. Navigates strong collaboration between people, processes and systems. You bring team spirit and engaged collaboration.
- Optimistic & resilient. You’re not afraid to dig in and figure out how to work around problems. You take care of yourself and your team.
- Organized & detail-oriented. You can think big picture, but can also be meticulous about even the smallest details of a strategy.
- Low on ego. We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful. You are able to gracefully handle multiple client iniatives and can pivot when needed.
Your responsibilities will break down into the following categories:
- Lead the development, execution, and refinement of cross-channel digital marketing strategies. You’ll work closely with Channel Strategists to develop, communicate, and lead the execution of successful marketing strategies that evolve to support client business goals and consistently meet defined performance targets.
- Lead research and discovery efforts. In order to carefully attune our efforts to clients’ business goals, you’ll lead our internal research processes, including competitive analysis and comprehensive discovery efforts, that will inform our digital marketing strategies.
- Organize and allocate resources for the Strategy team. You’ll manage a team of Channel Strategists, and collaborate with designers, writers, and contractors, delegating all activities, responsibilities, and authorities among your team.
- Leverage creative resources to support digital marketing strategies. You’ll connect creative execution with the overarching strategic vision, working with our creative team on development of content and assets that lean on insights to improve performance.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams. You’ll partner with and provide active support for the Business Development and Production teams, ensuring that digital strategies are performing at defined goals, that problems are quickly identified and solved, and that clients have a clear understanding of our ongoing efforts.
- You’ve effectively led strategists. You know how to leverage the talent and capabilities of channel managers to support defined strategies, and you’re comfortable providing direction and feedback to get the most out of your team.
- Provide leadership and expertise within a growing team. You’ll provide thought leadership, lead brainstorming, and inspire creative thinking within a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
- Grow the business. You’ll use your talents, insights, vision, and leadership to explore new ideas and approaches that will help us evolve and improve as we continue to scale.
Required Skills & Experience
You’re a great fit for this job if:
- You have 6+ years of agency experience. You’ve been around the block and understand the nuances of “agency life.”
- You really get marketing. You have experience conceptualizing, implementing, and maintaining SEO, SEM, Social Advertising, Email campaigns, and website projects.
- You have demonstrated platform expertise. You don’t just know how to develop a cross-channel strategy, but you also understand what it takes to implement, analyze, and optimize campaigns effectively. You can be a valuable sounding board for new ideas.
- You have experience working with clients. You’re comfortable working directly with clients to set goals and refine efforts.
- You’re an A+ communicator. You can absorb and distill sometimes-fractured information, ensuring that internal and external stakeholders feel heard, and then lead collaborative efforts to address and solve problems.
- You have experience managing direct reports. You're comfortable overseeing the day-to-day management responsibilities of a small team, including monthly check-ins, annual reviews, and performance improvement plans. You can boost employee engagement, encourage collaboration, and ultimately improve overall productivity within your team.
- You are smart. You worked your butt off in school and soaked up learnings from every life and work experience put in front of you. You’re a fundamentally curious person, eager to learn more.
- You’re ready to lead. You’re ready to buckle up and work with a team to tackle what comes. Hard work doesn’t scare you; you even know how to make it fun. You understand that we’re all in this together and that although some days will be harder than others, we’re building something special. You see yourself as a leader and want to have a stake in a growing business.
To apply, send an email with the job title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter explaining why your skills and experience make you the perfect fit for this position.
At Good & Gold, you'll find an inclusive, collaborative workplace that prioritizes individual growth, health, and development. We offer competitive salary and health benefits, an employer-sponsored 401(k) plan, and a generous PTO policy. We also recognize the importance of promoting and supporting the physical and mental health of employees and their families.
Our company culture encourages the pursuit of wellness and strives to support the creation of a work/life balance. Health and wellbeing related benefits for full-time employees include: a combination of onsite and remote work, affordable mental health services through our medical benefits, a one-time stipend to furnish a home workspace, and a summer flextime policy to enjoy those precious rays of sunshine!
Additionally, Good & Gold understands the importance of supporting professional growth, and has an employee-led, manager-supported Professional Development Program available to all full-time staff.
Good & Gold Marketing Corporation follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. We seek to apply an equity lens to all of our hiring considerations.
This policy also applies to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, outside vendors, members and customers, service clients, use of contractors and consultants, and dealings with the general public.