Good & Gold is a digital marketing and design agency with footprints in Portland and New York. We love partnering with like-minded, ambitious organizations that believe in the power of smart, data-driven digital marketing. A wide variety of clients, from small businesses and start-ups to regional and national brands, have turned to us as a trusted partner and extension of their internal teams. We are strategists, writers, designers, data nerds, and problem solvers—we love what we do, and we’re committed to enjoying the process.
About the Job…
We’re looking for a full-time Account Director to cultivate and nurture lasting and meaningful relationships with clients and partners. This position will work closely with clients to establish goals and expectations, functioning as a seamless extension of clients’ marketing teams. Meanwhile, they will deliver clear insights to our internal team of writers, designers, strategists, and analysts in an effort to meet those goals, seize new opportunities, and deliver work that exceeds expectations. The role of Account Director is ultimately responsible for developing and retaining Good & Gold’s client portfolio.
An uncannily talented communicator, you are capable of both finessing delicate relationships, inspiring incredible work, and spotting new opportunities.
You intuitively know when to push and when to let things simmer. You have a strong but non-aggressive leadership style, and you are interested in learning about the intricacies of work beyond your own; you can read (and listen) between the lines, and you know when to dig deeper. You understand the nuance of balancing client needs and requests against a bottom line. Stress management, organization and compartmentalization come naturally to you, and collaboration and teamwork are your sweet spot. You know how to represent your company professionally, and you’re a great listener, comfortable navigating delicate situations and asking thoughtful second-level questions.
Your responsibilities will break down into the following categories:
- Develop Strong Client Relationships: You’ll manage day-to-day communication with an assigned set of high-level clients, developing a highly attuned sense of their businesses, goals, and quirks. Building trust and long-term relationships, and proactively identifying and developing new opportunities, is all in a day’s work. If anything goes wrong, you’ll find the solution and guide the communication along the way.
- Advocate for Clients: You’ll serve as client advocate to our internal team of specialists, effectively communicating needs, requests, goals, and concerns. And you’ll help to strategize and refine digital marketing campaigns, contributing innovative strategies in an effort to exceed clients’ revenue goals and expectations.
- Set Goals & Strategize Solutions: As the director of a department with an eye toward ongoing sustainability, you’ll work with clients and internal teams to set appropriate and effective benchmarks and KPIs, and with the Digital Solutions team to understand data and ensure strong performance and results. You’ll make this work seem easy, you’ll make sure it all happens on time, and you’ll make sure clients understand exactly what we’re doing and why. Thinking big and creating concrete steps to expand offerings and exceed goals comes naturally to you. You are curious about services in other departments and are constantly learning so you can speak intelligently about the inner workings of our services.
- Communicate Results & Initiatives: Each month, you’ll lead meetings with clients to review campaign results, communicate marketing plans, answer questions, and make recommendations for next steps. Additionally, you will oversee that any client initiatives or requests are effectively radiated to internal teams, with specific direction for project managers. Keeping the leadership team updated regarding account progress, risks, and goals is a key part of this role, and will ensure everyone stays in alignment.
- Oversee Departmental Growth & Expansion: Overall, you will establish yourself as a senior leader at Good & Gold, contributing in demonstrable ways to the overall success of the company, its employees, and its clients. You’ll collaborate with the Director of Business Development to identify and nurture new opportunities for Good & Gold. This may include researching and analyzing sales opportunities and gaps, interpreting data, providing high-level strategy on digital marketing campaigns, and identifying improvements to our offerings. Additionally, you will lead the effort to nurture and develop client relationships via sponsored lunches, client gifts, and more. You'll also work with and mentor employees with varying areas of expertise, helping to develop and maintain a culture of collaboration, respect, and hard work.
Required Skills & Experience
You’re a great fit for this job if:
- You have 5+ years of agency experience. You have done this work before and you know that you love it. Finding solutions that please both clients and internal teams is what you do best.
- You understand marketing. Browsing analytics, strategizing SEO solutions, thinking through campaigns and content strategy—it all just makes sense to you. You understand the fundamentals of digital marketing as well as the granular details of what we do, and you know how important it is to keep up with new tactics, trends, and tools.
- You’re ready to lead. You’re ready to buckle up and work with a team to tackle what comes. Hard work doesn’t scare you, and you even know how to make it fun. You understand that we’re all in this together, and that although some days will be harder than others, we’re building something special.
- You are an excellent communicator. In writing and in person, you have just-plain-exceptional communication skills. You’re comfortable presenting. You listen carefully—you understand people and they understand you, which makes you a natural leader.
- You are smart. You worked your butt off in school, and you’ve soaked up learnings from every life and work experience put in front of you. You’re a fundamentally curious person, eager to learn more.
- You are organized. You have strong feelings about task management and workflows. You consider the pitfalls and details other people overlook, and have an uncanny ability to close open loops. Things don’t slip through the cracks on your watch.
- You get things done. You don’t ask, you just do. Issues are addressed before they become problems. You have an innate sense of what needs to be done, or what could be done to make things easier, and you take the initiative to make it happen.
To apply, send an email with the job title in the subject line to email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter explaining why your skills and experience make you the perfect fit for this position.
At Good & Gold, you'll find an inclusive, collaborative workplace that prioritizes individual growth, health, and development. We offer competitive salary and health benefits, an employer-sponsored 401(k) plan, and a generous PTO policy. We also recognize the importance of promoting and supporting the physical and mental health of employees and their families. Our company culture encourages the pursuit of wellness and strives to support the creation of a work/life balance. Health and wellbeing related benefits for full-time employees include: a combination of onsite and remote work, affordable mental health services through our medical benefits, a one-time stipend to furnish a home workspace, and a summer flextime policy to enjoy those precious rays of sunshine! Additionally, Good & Gold understands the importance of supporting professional growth, and has an employee-led, manager-supported Professional Development Program available to all full-time staff.
Good & Gold Marketing Corporation follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. We seek to apply an equity lens to all of our hiring considerations.
This policy also applies to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, outside vendors, members and customers, service clients, use of contractors and consultants, and dealings with the general public.